Shipping Times (as of January 2023)
I have spent years going back and forth and having lots of guilt over how long it takes me to ship yarn. I want to ship it immediately, but here is the thing:
70-90% of my customers buy yarn multiple times within any given 2-3 week period. If I ship yarn promptly like my guilt wants me to, I can't combine your multiple orders and save you shipping costs.
But, when I say "yarn will ship in 2 weeks" it sounds like a ridiculously long time to wait and makes me feel guilty. Except most of my lovely customers actually don't mind waiting that long and a lot of them want to wait that long because they know they can order a couple times and I'll combine their orders and save them shipping.
I've decided that what works for most of my customers is the best policy, and if I make it the "official policy," I'll stop feeling guilty that I'm not shipping yarn in what I might consider a more "timely fashion."
SO! Yarn will ship approximately two weeks from the time it is ordered so I can combine multiple orders and save you extra shipping charges. (Maybe a little longer if you keep ordering more yarn).
If you need your yarn sooner than the usual two weeks AND you have only ordered 1 or 2 skeins, please include a note with your order or pop me an email. I can usually get smaller orders out sooner. Larger orders need to be sent out with the entire batch of yarn in order to match the skeins as best as possible.
And, as always, if you want me to hold your yarn for a longer period of time, please include "hold and combine" in the notes of your order. I'll hold your yarn for about 30 days and then will combine your orders and refund you for the excess shipping you've paid.
Or, if you are in Canada or International, I can hold your orders until you tell me to ship it, as long as we've made arrangements (i.e. you've emailed me and asked me to hold your orders until you tell me to ship them because you don't mind a longer wait.)
I want you to LOVE your yarn!
If for any reason, you aren't 100% happy with your Sundara Yarn, I want you to return it to me for a full refund (minus shipping costs).
You have 90 days to return the yarn from the day you receive it. Yarn must be in original condition and not have been knit or wound into a ball.
If you decide to return your yarn, please send us the yarn and include a note with your name, address and email. If you do not include this information, I cannot guarantee you will receive a refund, as I do not know who the yarn is from and address labels are often do not have the necessary information or are damaged in opening due to over-taping of the package.
Send the yarn to:
PO Box 4157
Sequim, WA 98382
- All orders ship via USPS Priority or USPS Global Priority mail.
- I am only shipping packages to the U.S., Canada, Australia, Mexico, Finland, Japan, Hong Kong, Brazil, United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, France, Germany, Switzerland, Greece, Sweden, Spain, Greenland, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, the Philippines, and the United Kingdom at this time. Due to multiple issues with foreign postal services, I am no longer shipping anywhere else, especially to Poland and Russia. If you live in a country that is not listed here, and wish to buy yarn, please contact me.
- All shipping charges are calculated in "real-time" at checkout based on the weight of your order and where you are having it shipped to. The charge you pay for shipping is what I pay to mail you your package.
- I am well aware of the exorbitant shipping costs to send yarn outside of the U.S. It drives me crazy, but the U.S. Postal Service sets the rates and I have no control. Generally, the shipping cost per skein is cheaper the more you order, as the first pound of yarn is the most expensive, with every pound added just a few dollars more. But even then, the cost of shipping outside the U.S. is ridiculous. I'm really sorry.
- If you do order yarn and you are outside the U.S, you are responsible for all customs charges. U.K. customers will pay a 20% VAT and probably more. I still haven't figured out the U.K. customs; but I know it feels costly. If this bothers you, you'll need to take it up with your local government official. Please don't email me angry that you got charged customs duty. I have no control over your country's customs fees.
- Sundara Yarn is not responsible for packages that are lost in the mail due to inaccurately provided mailing addresses.
- If your package is returned to me for any reason, I will need an additional shipping payment from you to resend the package.
- Sundara Yarn is not able to wind skeins into center pull balls.
A NOTE TO UK CUSTOMERS: So Brexit makes is suck to send yarn to the UK. I'm supposed to pay VAT on anything I mail to the UK that is worth over £135. I simply don't have enough UK customers to register to make VAT payments. My bookkeeper will kill me. IF YOU ORDER FROM THE UK and your order is over £135, please contact me so we can figure out how to proceed so we don't have to deal with VAT. Thanks!
I need my skeins to match for a project, will you match them?
I always match the skeins the best I can if you order more than one skein of the same color. That being said, for any project requiring 2 or more skeins of Sundara Yarn, I recommend you alternate skeins through out the project for a more even color distribution and less pooling and other oddness.
If you are ordering yarn from our "Odds and Ends" posting, I will do our best to match your skeins, but due to the limited amount of yarn available, the skeins in these batches may not match as well as you might hope.
And, of course, if you receive your yarn and you don't love it, please send it back for a full refund!
I'm looking for your fingering merino cashmere (or sock yarn, worsted merino, or any other yarn base). How do I find what yarn available?
All available colors are here. But since what is available on the website is generally pretty limited, I recommend subscribing to my Daily Dreams email. Each day features a different yarn base and you'll see the colors and yarns before they are available on this website.
Small print regarding 10% off for Daily Dream sign-ups. 10% discount code will only be sent to new Daily Dream subscribers, is limited to one per customer, and expires after seven days.